Crustless Spinach Quiche
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions or spring onions
- 300 g or 10 ounces of fresh spinach (can use a combo of roasted red peppers and spinach instead, and sprinkle with goat cheese)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese (original recipe called for muenster)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in spinach and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cream, cheese, salt, 1/8 tsp nutmeg and pepper. Add spinach mixture and stir to blend. Pour into prepared pie pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.