Butter Pie Crust
Serves: Two 9" pie crusts | Meals:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 tablespoons (about) ice water
- Mix flour, sugar, and salt in processor.
- Add butter; pulse until coarse meal forms.
- Gradually blend in enough ice water to form moist clumps.
- Gather dough into ball; divide in half. Form dough into 2 balls; flatten into disks.
- Wrap each in plastic; chill 2 hours or overnight.